Summary and objectives: Nature vs. nurture or nature and nurture?
Explain key concepts like heritability, polygenic variation using terms like dominant, recessive, and homozygous.
- Identify the different types of gene-environment relationships.
- Discuss the implications of critical methods and findings like twin and adoption studies and genetic marker studies.
- Apply your knowledge to discover how knowing about biology might help us change the environment we create for our children?
- Locke, J. (1689). An Essay Concerning Human Understanding.
- Watson, J. & Rayner, R. (1920). The Case of Little Albert.
- Human Genome Project
- Mapping the Human Epigenome
- Good simple explanation of Recessive and Dominant traits and genes.
- Even better primer on genetics and genes from an agricutual standpoint.
- Nature versus Nurture revisited on Nova!
- Evolutionary Psychology
One thought on “2. Genes & the Environment”
I had no idea it could be so complicated.