Summary and objectives: How do psychologists study development?
- Define key concepts such as the stages of development, including infancy, childhood, and adolescence, and the types of development: physical development, cognitive development, and social development as well as the connection between these types.
- Identify appropriate methods of doing developmental research such as correlational versus experimental studies, longitudinal versus cross-sectional studies, observational versus self-report methods.
- Giant list of cognitive biases that affect your decisions (why the scientific method is best).
- List of crazy correlations (in book form from Amazon).
- How half the findings you read could be wrong.
- The “science” behind dowsing.