Summary and Objectives
- Discuss the merits of Urie Bronfenbrenner’s Theory.
- Explain key concepts such as WEIRD science, the effects of media on IQ, aggression, and socialization.
- Talk about why this matters by examining the power of media on self-esteem.
- Pros and Cons of TV.
- Does TV kill our attention span?
- More evidence for harmful TV effects
- Wait! TV might make us smarter.
- TV Viewing Research
- Oprah on TV Viewing (ironic isn’t it)
- Advertising and peers
- Parent’s Guide to Content
- Media Effects on Kids
- Doing as I seen on TV
- Mister Rogers
- Sesame Street.com