Summary and Objectives
- Explain key concepts such as Piaget’s Theory (using terms like object permanence, conservation, egocentric, and mental operations), Piaget’s Stages, (sensory-motor, pre-operational, concrete, and formal operational), Vygotsky’s Theory, and Information Processing Theories.
- Describe the surprising behavior of children in the three mountain tasks and conservation tasks.
- Talk about why this matters by examining concepts of toy design.
- Piaget’s theory
- More on Piaget’s Theory
- Piaget Summary Sheet
- Jean Piaget Society
- Life of Piaget
- More Piaget Biography
- Piaget: One of the 100 Great Scientists, According to TIME magazine.
- Pbs say Piaget is cool.
- Quick description of Piaget’s Stages.
- Keys to Piaget’s Ideas